There are so many different payment processing solutions available on the market today. That is a great thing because it allows businesses to choose the solution that meets their needs. However, because of the volume, it can also be stressful trying to figure out what will make the most sense for your business. You do not want to make the wrong decision because it can be very expensive for your business and set you back according to your timeline. Use these tips to help you choose the right payment processing solution for your business needs.
● Find a provider with secure payment processing. Security is one of the biggest concerns people have today when making payments. This should also be a big concern for your business. You want to be able to provide a secure way of making payments so your customers can do so without a care. Check into what the provider does to provide secure payment processing and how they maintain it. Ask if they charge additional fees for security or if you will be charged a fee for PCI Compliance (or non-compliance).
● Take a look at their fee structure. Before you agree to anything, you need to know exactly what you are getting into in terms of payments. The main fees usually charged are: discount rate, transaction/authorization fee, and a monthly fee. Ask if everything is included in the monthly fee? If you are setting up a merchant account with a payment gateway, are there extra gateway fees?
● How easy is it to set up and maintain? You are planning on having this system for a while so you want to make sure it is easy to set up as well as maintain. Maintenance should be easy and done in a way that you are always up to date on all options.
● Will you have access to customer support? You never know when you are going to need assistance so you will want to make sure you have access to a customer support line.
● How many payments can they handle at a time and what is the largest payment allowed? You know what your payment processing needs are for your business. You need to make sure this is something they can handle for your business.
When you are looking for professional payment solutions, you need to make sure that you have everything in place that will allow you to benefit from it now as well as grow with it into the future.